Saturday, February 28, 2009

Daring Baker Challenge #2 - February 2009



Flourless Chocolate Cake and Homemade Ice Cream

The February 2009 challenge is hosted by Wendy of WMPE's blog and Dharm of Dad ~ Baker & Chef.
We have chosen a Chocolate Valentino cake by Chef Wan; a Vanilla Ice Cream recipe from Dharm and a Vanilla Ice Cream recipe from Wendy as the challenge.


I really liked making this one! The cake was easy and fun to make. It got mixed reviews from tasters though. There were those that really enjoyed it (my husband and co workers) and those that just thought it was weird (my mother in law and nieces). The ice cream (from Wendy) was a hit those on the "weird" side and just so so by my husband. I think... hey at least I brought people enjoyment on something!
Fun stuff! I can't wait for the next challenge. See you next month.

3 comments:

  1. MMMM - I like the way you plated this with the bananas and caramel. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like your 2nd challenge came out just fine. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm also a newbie Daring Baker - this month was my first challenge. Your cakes looks very yummy with the bananas and caramel. Great job!

    ReplyDelete